This year our coach ramble will be to Bakewell and Chatsworth in the Peak District. We are offering the chance to visit Chatsworth House and Gardens as we hope to attract some our members who we do not see very often.
The outline plan for the day is as follows:
- Our coach will leave Pocklington at 8am and call at Market Weighton and Beverley, before arriving in Bakewell around 10.30am
- The coach will then make the short journey to Chatsworth House for those members who want a day out Chatsworth House and Gardens.
- There will be a choice of circular walks from Bakewell. Current proposals are for a 12 mile walk, a 10 mile walk and an 8 mile walk, led by Alex Gymer, Martin Hill and Richard Primmer respectively.
- Additionally, there will also be a 4 mile walk from Bakewell to Chatsworth for anybody wishing to both enjoy a shorter walk and to also visit Chatsworth House and Gardens.
- Around 4pm the coach will leave Chatsworth to return to Bakewell, which is an idyllically situated Peak District town on the banks of the river Wye, with a medieval five-arched stone bridge.
- Bakewell has a great range of pubs, cafes and restaurants, providing a great opportunity for those requiring a meal before returning home.
- We expect to return to Pocklington, the last stop, by 8.30pm at the latest
How much will it cost?
The cost of the coach will be between £12 and £15, depending on the level of interest (the hire of a 30 seater coach is not much cheaper than a 49 seater!) If you let me know that you would like to come on the Coach Ramble, I will inform you of the cost when we know how much interest is shown.
If 15 or more want to go to Chatsworth House and Gardens we can enjoy a special price of £13 per person to include visiting both the house and gardens. Otherwise normal admission prices apply (apparently £12 to visit the gardens only, last year)
Do you want to come on the Coach Ramble?
At this stage I am asking you to let me know:
- If you intend to come on the Coach Ramble to Bakewell on Sunday 29th April
- Whether you would wish to go to Chatsworth House and Gardens (only possible for those not going on the 8, 10 or 12 mile walks)